ir·re·press·i·ble
[ir-i-pres-uh-buh
l] adjective incapable of being repressed or restrained; uncontrollable: irrepressible laughter.
That would be me. In the dog days of summer I placed an order for a trio of hybrid tea roses from www.HeirloomRoses.com I plan to plant them this fall. It's been a very long time since I've grown roses. I have had good luck with both Peace and Double Delight. They are both very fragrant. I purchased a Jude the Obscure a few years ago and we planted it at the family farm in central Kansas in honor of Alison my father-in-law when he passed away. I'm not sure if it survived the harsh weather so I decided to order one for our place where we can tend to it with some regularity. After all the hardships of the past couple of years I'm feeling optimistic. I love the intoxicating smell of a fragrant rose. These are grown on their own root stock which I am told is a good thing..
![]() | |||||
| Double Delight Hybrid Tea Rose |



I'm not sure if anyone is tuned in here to what a big deal it is for me to try and grow roses again. They arrived today. I must say that the packing is brilliant. Three lovely baby roses in a box that could breath. I questioned my sanity in ordering them this time of year. It is unseasonably cool here. They were shipped from Oregon and must have escaped hot temperatures. I'll plant them in pots for now and then prepare ground for their permanent home. I'm really excited about them. Surely, next year I will have some intoxicating fragrance.... like a fine wine only in flowers.
ReplyDelete