swimming Gulf of Mexico

swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family

Friday, July 17, 2009

Lace scarf for Mom


I've been struggling the last couple of days with a simple lace scarf. I had to keep getting bigger needles since I could not see well enough with the fine yarn. I abandoned one pattern for yet another even more simple pattern. Once I get this one done I will be ready to tackle the feather and fan that I originally planned to make. So this summer has been practicing on working with lace weight yarn. It is possible for me to knit lace...I just need large needles. Or maybe I need new glasses :-)

4 comments:

  1. Hello Denise, your scarf is coming out great! Are you using the "Cameo Faggot Stitch"? It looks like the one I am knitting right now. I had to use Size 13 needles and hope to get better at lace knitting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Riccardo, I've not heard the stitch called that...it is fairly simple. FYI see below:

    Cast on stitches number divisible by 2 (I cast on 14) Slip one stitch *yo, 2tg* until 1 stitch left, knit last stitch

    I'm using size 10 needles. I started with 8's then 9's :-)

    I love the color and lacey effect. Nice to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise, thanks for the information. It is actually the same pattern I used to finish the silk scarf I was working on. I found this pattern online, how cool you use it, too. I started with small needles, too, but found out the bigger one is better to show the stitch.
    Hope to see you sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete