swimming Gulf of Mexico

swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family

Saturday, July 18, 2009

copper angora

I'm in a blogging kinda mood again. I don't know what was going on with me but I was feeling in kind of a slump. I have not been spinning in the Tour de Fleece so needed some inspiration. Honey Boy has been sitting with me this morning while I worked with the fleece below. It is from a buck that I am keeping my eye for potential breeding animal. He has a tiny bit of german ancestry but is mostly satin angora however he is an example of non-satinized coat. I want to do a comparison between copper satin angora and one without sheen for a program in September for our local spinners and weavers guild. Maybe I'll knit up samples of the two. I think it helps to keep it in the same color family to show the differences. Here is the nice fleece from my just turned senior boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment