And so it is. I just clipped 2 rose buds, maybe should have gotten them yesterday but they are still very fragrant. I got the bushes bare root from www.Hierloomroses.com They are on their own root stock and supposed to be good for Kansas. We shall see. I had given up on roses until a friend brought in a bouquet. I got a smell of one variety called called Oklahoma and thought what the heck. These are for real fragrant roses. The one pictured is called Jude the Obscure. The bud is smallish but very delicate and sweet. I also had some Double Delight buehse my very favorite rose but sadly didn't make it through the winter....another long story about that. I don't think I will give up on them though and will order another maybe this fall. My negligence in getting them in the ground was the reason it didn't survive. I got them to march/april and then we had a very bad late storm...they had come out of dormancy but were not protected enough and I lost them...very sad for me. I'm going to keep trying though.
swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family
Monday, June 22, 2009
Irrepressible spirit
And so it is. I just clipped 2 rose buds, maybe should have gotten them yesterday but they are still very fragrant. I got the bushes bare root from www.Hierloomroses.com They are on their own root stock and supposed to be good for Kansas. We shall see. I had given up on roses until a friend brought in a bouquet. I got a smell of one variety called called Oklahoma and thought what the heck. These are for real fragrant roses. The one pictured is called Jude the Obscure. The bud is smallish but very delicate and sweet. I also had some Double Delight buehse my very favorite rose but sadly didn't make it through the winter....another long story about that. I don't think I will give up on them though and will order another maybe this fall. My negligence in getting them in the ground was the reason it didn't survive. I got them to march/april and then we had a very bad late storm...they had come out of dormancy but were not protected enough and I lost them...very sad for me. I'm going to keep trying though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment