swimming Gulf of Mexico

swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family

Monday, June 22, 2009

Repeat as necessary

Last night dearest Fred escapes into our backyard for a visit and a new dining experience :-) We keep getting little rains here and there so the new turf exciting for him. Plus I think he wanted to visit with Charlie. I thought I was getting a sheep not a goat. I swear he is goat. So tonight with Chas home he is slated to reinforce the area to keep him in. I think Fred a crafty fellow and it will take more fencing to keep that boy in. Molly doing very well him in her yard, but with Charlie in the mix it was a little less like team work in the herding department :-) German shepherds really do have the "right" stuff for being a herd animal, and also being hard wired to guard their territory. When home alone I feel better having Molly around since she can be an intimidating presence to the wrong kind of energy. About a month ago we saw a litter of Great Pyrenees pups for sale. Good thing Charlie was with me. If alone I might have brought one home and then become a divorcee :-) Perhaps when we no longer have Miss Molly (a very sad thought since she is the best) then we can think about a GP...I think it in the stars for us. Charlie is fond of them also. We want to have one that is accustomed to the sheep and llamas. Seems like it will be some effort on our behalf to make it work, so that animal is bonded with the livestock and doesn't take to roaming like some we have known about.

No comments:

Post a Comment