swimming Gulf of Mexico

swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day Show in Abilene

Hello friends and family! I am home today recovering from a very full weekend of rabbit showing. I took along roving reporting SusanO aka Mamasalsa. To get the skinny you can visit her blog. She was quite taken with my favorite bunny a red doe named Lydia. Sadly,
Lydia had not been eating well and had lost condition and was last place in the Fridat night show. I think she has the best potential though with her next coat. Read a critique of the hot spot Abilene, KS.

http://mamasalsa.blogspot.com/2009/02/we-were-awash-in-rabbits-this-weekend.html

The one big omission was NOT getting a photo of Lindsey a 6 year old tow headed blonde who is cute as a bug's ear practicing setting up her Netherland Dwarf bunny in preparation for the show. I think seeing children involved with rabbits is one big thing that keeps me going. It certainly is not the pay :-)

By the end of the day folks get pretty slap happy and are really tired. I think you see the best of people at that time. The comraderie is special amongst those who are good sports and that is what it is all about. I think the show was a huge success and folks had a good time.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it was a great success and I had a great time roving and reporting (and purchasing yarn) Your back yard is awesome! Why you ever leave it I can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete