swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Gulls in Kansas
This morning I was awake earlier than usual. I'm still not accustomed to Daylight Savings Time. It was special to be home alone in the quiet. I noticed in the field across the road a flock of gulls. I don't recall ever seeing them quite like this. They were in an open field, usually I see them on or near the water. There was a single cow in this pasture today AND hundreds perhaps a thousand gulls were feasting. Up and down swirling around in a cloud. I was so stunned I wanted to capture a picture...but the nice camera was gone with DH on his work trip. I'm not as quick moving these days and by the time I grabbed the cell phone and had shoes on they were all gone. It was like a mirage or a hallucination. I'm reminded that life is like that "here one minute and gone the next" It sounds cliche I know but if you are not paying attention to the Ever Present Moment life can be fleeting. I always try to remember this and don't plan to leave this planet with unfinished business but boy howdy is it ever a challenge sometime. I am grateful to have been awake and to have noticed this beautiful display in nature this morning. Sometimes our sorrow can make us blind to the beauty around us. It's important to pay attention to the gifts we receive from the natural world....the messengers of the gods, the winged ones are always here in the ever present moment. We are not alone.
PS: I can't take credit for the photo. I found it online and want to give due credit. Need to sign off for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Neat.
ReplyDeleteI hate daylight savings time.