swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family
Saturday, February 16, 2013
Boys and Girls don't do this at home
That's right. Never ever multi task on a slippery stairwell. It has been nearly 3 weeks since that ill fated day when I took a tumble down about 7 steps. A broken fibula right above the ankle joint can really cramp one's style on many levels. For one I am pretty weary of wearing pajama's and having the dh pick out my clothes. My bedroom is upstairs so I often ask him to fetch my clothes. Maybe some new ones are in my future. I was so proud that I had dropped a bit of weight since last summer. With too much holiday food and libations and now this I will surely have to start all over again. Oh well it could have been much worse. I've heard of so many that completely shatter bones so I'm fortunate it was a simple break. My first and hopefully last broken bone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I hate those crazy boots they make you wear. By 6 weeks, I've got the sole walked off, and all the velcro straps ripped loose.
ReplyDeleteYou could use this as an excuse to catch up on your reading. I've broken both feet, wrist, and then added a compressed fracture to my back (this was not all at the same time). So I know it's no fun. I am very paranoid about going up and down steps anymore and hang on to railing for dear life!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear it. I had a similar injury and was in a cast for three months. Not fun. Hope you are up and around soon.
ReplyDeleteyeeps! i was incredibly lucky when i fell down 5 of Wendy's stairs. nothing broken.
ReplyDelete