Check out the website below. We stayed at the Rainforest Hideaway. The dwelling we stayed in isn't pictured on the website, but it gives you a feel for the area. When I made the inquiry the owner said he had something for the more adventurous. Too bad I don't have a good picture of it...this was 2003 and the days of a Nikon SLR that I thought had died. So I was using a lousy disposable camera. Turns out you can buy these lovely picture books as souvenirs and I didn't need to waste my money on a cheap camera afterall. Anyway, back to the cottage. It was on stilts and open air...there was an outdoor shower and a private stream to jump in. It was too cold for my liking, but way exotic and very fun. There are cassowary that hang out round the B&B. One night as we were walking to the Dragon Fly cafe to dine and we got to see one.... kinda up close and personal, but a little bit scarey too. I loved it there.
http://www.rainforesthideaway.com/
I wasn't a blogger way back then...but maybe I can do a bit more writing and going down memory lane. It was really an incredible trip. I'm ready to go back. And to think all this reminiscening started because of a Bond sheep fleece that is coming to me via the US mail. Oh lordy, do I ever digress :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment