swimming Gulf of Mexico

swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Glacier's kits arrived safe and sound

This is a picture of Glacier's kits less than 24 hours old. She kindled in a nest of the ground in the rabbitry. This is somewhat unorthodox for breeders. I was desparate since she showed no signs of interest in a nest box. For the life of me I couldn't keep enough hay in her cage to build a nest. Last time when she lost her litter she didn't even pull wool. At the last minute Day 31 her due date we improvised what a wild bunny would do.



To show the difference between albino aka REW and red/fawn kits I tossed in one of Lydia's babies. Sadly last night I lost one of Lydia's red kits. I think she stepped on it. She has been really anxious and I will be glad when her hormones settle down.

1 comment: