
Yesterday I thought would be the day....and I've been looking forward to kits. So today I decided to go to town and cool my jets and not wait for the pot to boil. When I came home today 12 kits were in the nest box. It is really hot here today and the rabbitry is toasty warm...which is another story by itself. I got some fans going and have some air moving through now and Moma bunny looks more comfortable. Some of the kits are pretty small and may not make it. It looks like they will be chestnut, red/fawn, and one black. I've been entertaining the notion of taking bunnies to Estes Park Wool Market to re-home this might be the year to try it. It might be a good market there? It's been over 10 years since I've attended, but this will be a good motivator to get there. Wow, I'm in shock.
my! what a lot of kits - can't wait to see them as they grow. congrats to you and to Moma bunny!
ReplyDeleteWhoa - am overwhelmed at this large batch, hope that all will survive. It will be fun if we make the trek to CO - keep posting pics - you figured the cable situation out! Yea...take care, and let's lay our plans for June and Colorado. Best,
ReplyDeleteMamaSalsa
Holy cow! That's a lot of babies!
ReplyDeleteI find that if I put the smaller ones on the top of the pile, they get fed better and catch up fast.