swimming Gulf of Mexico

swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family

Saturday, April 25, 2009

A good day for a pyromaniac













Today we have been burning pasture. Early in the relationship with Charlie he handed me a rake and lighter and told me I could set the hills on fire. I didn't grow up in Kansas so this was a novel idea to me. I thought it was pretty cool. More than likely it cemented our relationship.





The picture below is the same vantage point as the photo at the top of this blog named our backyard. We also call it the picnic spot. It is one of the best views of the land. Right now I am yearning for greener pastures.

The next picture below is of our pond. It was taken a few paces down the hill past the tree at the picnic spot. We are very pleased to see this much water. I yearn for a tipi or maybe a nice pop up camper :-) I'd like to spend more time there. Our house is 3/8 of a mile from the pond and the 4 wheel drive road can be very muddy this time of year so I don't get back there nearly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment