| lilikoi |
| Note we canned peaches this summer! |
Did you know you can order Lilikoi from Amazon and have them delivered to your doorstep in Kansas? It's crazy but true. Lilikoi aka passion fruit has become my favorite fruit. However, it just isn't the same without the bounty of other fruits that go along nicely with it, like one would experience in the tropics. Note in the second photo, there are six jars of fresh peaches canned. Not peaches from the farm mind you...but they will be a nice winter surprise for pie baking this winter. So this year I am giving thanks for my life abundant and working on learning to PRAISE everyday in every way! It's not bad when you get a trip to Hawaii and then when you get the urge you can always order lilikoi from Amazon. In regard to Thanksgiving and fall break we baked a pie over the weekend with fresh gooseberries from our garden. This is the second year in a row that we have had bumper crops of gooseberry and cherries. Life has been good to us. Holiday season is upon us. I officially start celebrations by decorating my dogs. I told John Wayne aren't you glad that I only put jingle bell collars on the dogs and don't dress them up in clothing. There are a few exceptions....such as Halloween when I took Tara the cow dog trick or treating in a tutu. Bailey has a Santa wrap that keeps him warm and me entertained. I would never treat them like babies however. He should be lucky that I have not purchased a pink stroller to take the cats for a walk in ha ha. Here in my neighborhood I would likely be locked up. I hope whoever reads this had a lovely holiday as well. Hold those close to you a little tighter and tell them how much they mean to you. Times are kind of trying now. Trying hard to keep the faith here in light of it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment