swimming Gulf of Mexico

swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family

Monday, September 7, 2015

First Anniversary (Part One)

Of my 60th birthday

Yes you read that right friends and family I turned 61 last month.   I started the tradition of swimming across Tuttle Creek Reservoir last year.    I even got to swim on my actual birthday and conditions were perfect.   This year conditions were "not so much" so we've been waiting and watching for the opportunity. 
Notice the Aloha spirit and outward hound life vest LOL
Preparations began around 9 a.m.   Find Tara's life preserver check.   Get hydrated check.   Most importantly grab the fins.   Charles will be driving the sag wagon...check!
The infamous sag wagon sans Charles
Here we are getting ready for push off!   It didn't seem too scary although the wind was starting to pick up.   Tara can be kind of a pest in the water and swims towards me.   I was more worried about Charlie in the canoe but he put on a life vest too.   So we were thinking safety matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment