swimming Gulf of Mexico

swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Science Experiment


It's really interesting but I realize I can be more scientific by taking good pictures of the bunnies and then making color decisions and also determine whether they are satinized or non-satinized.   The satin gene is a recessive gene.   Because the mother was a pure satin and the sire was a little more than 1/2 satin then statistically speaking the litter "should" be a little more than 50% phenotypically displaying the satinized gene.   Fortunately it really helps if you can compare apples to apples.   Having two of the same color really helps.   So I "think" I have a good case study going here.   Wouldn't you know it the satin baby on the left above was the runt of the litter.  So sadly it is not one I want to keep in the breeding pool   The more vigorous one on the right is non-satinized.   I didn't really get any of this in high school.   So this is my adult version of learning a little bit of color genetics and a science experiment.   I think it is fascinating!   Look how that baby shines on the left.   I really could not see this with my vision but needed to take some pictures to really get a sense of it.   I'll grow this baby up and we can see more pictures as they mature.

1 comment: