swimming Gulf of Mexico

swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family

Monday, March 16, 2015

Day 2 kits

The babies really change quickly.    Sadly I lost one kit yesterday.   I had the impression that I had one that was perhaps a lynx agouti in coloration.   This is a dilute color and somewhat rare.  I would have liked to grow it out to see how it turned out.   It indeed looked very healthy and vigorous.    The first time Mom had not pulled enough wool and the wee one wandered away from it's siblings and it got too cold and succumbed to cooler temperatures.   It wasn't terribly cold but that just says how delicate they can be in their early days and hours of life.   Look how different they appear in this picture today Monday in comparison to the picture I took late Saturday afternoon when they were only an hour or so old.   Amazing isn't it they barely look like the same babies.


No comments:

Post a Comment