swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family
Sunday, February 26, 2012
maudlin
From the Merriam Webster dictionary maudlin one definition is: weakly and effusively sentimental. I've had some reservations writing about the cat drama that has played out in my neighborhood. On the other hand, as you can tell from the previous days posts that I feel quite passionate about doing the "right" thing for animals in need, especially when it comes to felines. I asked my hub this morning if he thought I was maudlin. He didn't know the definition of the word and thought it meant having blotchy skin So we looked it up online. The last thing I would want to be described as is weak, so I will try and not take this too seriously. I will, however, agree that the posts reflecting on my childhood has shaped how I am today in my resoluteness. I don't perceive that as weak however. There was something deep inside me at a young age and then experiences over time solidified these values. It's nothing to be ashamed of and I need to remind myself of this as I still have the need to work through the difficulties from last weekend neighborhood disagreement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment