swimming Gulf of Mexico

swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family

Monday, February 15, 2010

while I'm outside taking care of the baby

look who is sitting in doors on the futon warming up by the woodstove


Valentina has nursed today, we were getting worried last night at bedtime. So we decided to supplement with milk, caro syrup and yogurt and hope Mom's milk would be in by morning. At 6 a.m. Charlie was able to see Mom's milk come in. I prompted more nursing at 10 so this is good, the little girl needs to get colostrum into her system asap. I think it colder today than yesterday so hope that there will not be more babies until it warms up. Her legs are wobbly and one back leg is really splayed out worse than we have ever seen in a baby llama. It is the same side as her floppy ear so she must have been tangled up in there to compromise that one side. We hope this will resolve itself in a few days. I pray for warmer weather which will help us out a great deal.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you stopped by and let me know you were back to blogging. Congrats on your new baby!

    ReplyDelete