swimming Gulf of Mexico

swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Off and running


Tonight I went out to put Valentina and Esme into the barn. She is getting stronger everyday and seems to be adapting well spending days out with the herd. Either I am getting acclimated to really cold weather or I'm having a hot flash :-) Trying to catch her made me short of breath and/or I'm overdressed in my fashionable coveralls. It is really a good sign when you have a hard time catching a cria...that tells you that they are getting the groceries. I would have sworn that the girl recognized my pick up truck when I drove in this afternoon. She kicked up her heels and did a little jog about the llama pen. Who knows we may even start seeing some pronging in the evenings. It is special when you see the herd feeling spunky on a mild evening. Youngsters prong more frequently than adults but sometimes they just can't help themselves and the entire herd can be spotted looking as though they are on springs. And did I mention we have no new crias. Surely Tula will be next in line. She looks huge and has a developed udder. I want Tina to have a play mate because that is when the fun really begins. Zoe says it is time for me to quit writing and start playing ball. The above photo is our female herd at the cafeteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment