
I've been visibly absent from blogging lately. Primarily my energies have been focused on finding another 4 legged companion. I met a golden doodle puppy awhile back when I was visiting family in KY and was quite taken with her. After the loss of our Molly dog I decided to start my search for a doodle. It is extremely difficult to find a good breeder for this type of dog. However, my search is over and this darling is coming to live with us on Sunday. Her name for now is Dani and I am not sure whether I will keep that name or not. Suggestions are appreciated. I have wanted to train a dog to be a certified therapy dog and that is my intent and the reason for selecting this breed and this particular girl's temperament even though I have not met her in person. There has been a certain level of guilt for not adopting a homeless animal...however, I have my reasons and it kept getting reinforced. Ironically, my vet had a labradoodle surrendered to her this week and I met the dog and really loved her. I'm wondering if I should start a doodle ranch? Charlie might disown me.....he really is a soft hearted man when it comes to the animals...but he has never been one to "collect" dogs. Cats just show up here but our Molly always kept other dogs away from her territory. I'm still pondering on the sweet dog at our vet's office and praying she finds a good home. IF she doesn't who knows maybe I will end up with 2 doodles?
I like having two dogs. They keep each other company while we are at work or otherwise away from the house, and their antics are the best entertainment ever!
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful, sweet-looking girl!!! i am so happy for you! you must be completely thrilled.
ReplyDeletei can't help but think her coat looks good for spinning, too :)
She's darling!! I'm so glad you got a new puppy!
ReplyDelete