swimming Gulf of Mexico

swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family

Sunday, September 20, 2009

North West Missouri Rabbit Show

Yesterday I went to Harrisonville MO to pick up a new rabbit that I purchased from Rosalie Truong. The show bug had been working on me and it had been awhile since I have been to any competitions. I had planned on keeping it simple but Margaret mentioned that more angoras were needed to keep the show going. At the last minute I decided to haul some of my satin angora along to show. Naturally, I wanted to get an opinion on the new girl Hairmione shown above who was shown as a Giant. Am I ever glad that I did. She is a beautiful big girl and still has more growing to do. She won Best 6 class in the all breeds show, meaning that she was the 2nd place animal overall. In this part of the country for a "fuzzy" girl to win over the more traditional meat type animals is a very big deal. Too bad I forgot to have someone snap a picture of me with the judge with my camera. I hate having my picture taken and am notorious these days for closing my eyes and having a funny look on my face. So probably just as well to not take up disc space. It was a long day but a good day overall. My friend Rena took ill on the ride home and I will more than likely never be able to convince her to eat at Cracker Barrel again. It hit her so hard and fast it seems like it was food poisoning. We were relieved that we didn't eat the same thing...since we might have needed help getting the rest of the way home if that were the case. Word is she is feeling better this morning so that is all good.

4 comments:

  1. wow, congrats to beautiful you and hairmione!! did anyone else take pics?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! She is such a beautiful girl. I wish we could go show up North again. We'll see about next year. We miss showing along you and Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beaut! Sorry to hear about the long trip home - food poisoning - yuck. Let's get together, swim?
    S

    ReplyDelete