swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family
Friday, September 25, 2009
Mending Wall
I woke up around 4 a.m. today and came downstairs got on the computer and found a line from a Robert Frost poem Mending Wall. It goes like this "Good Fences make good neighbors". I don't really think this true. I might even take it further and say I think it would be nice to not need fences. Thanks to everyone for checking in and expressing concern. There was no loss of life or limb. There was a loss of relationship with a neighbor. It was never really much of one to begin with...but it leaves me in a bad place. Sad thing is that I do value relationships above all else, but I also am smart enough to know when a situation is hopeless and this one is.....so life goes on. I am grateful to my friends and family... and the reminder that contact releases love. Thanks to all of you. I know this deeply personal out here for the world to see...but thanks for listening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ugh. i don't know the details but i know the feeling. i hate that for you. it leaves one with such a feeling of helplessness, meaninglessness. we want to do right by others and connect, and we are met with Huge Fences and High Walls. and complete disconnection. i don't know what to make of it, but tell myself that others must be on other paths. at least we have connected on this one. and there's always yarn school! xoxoxo
ReplyDelete