swimming Gulf of Mexico

swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family

Thursday, July 23, 2009

California Variegated Mutant fleece


Yeah! Today my second consolation prize arrived for not being able to go to the Estes Park Wool Market. I ordered this fleece from Sharon at All Aboard Farm in New Jersey.

http://www.allaboardfarm.com/

Bless her heart she skirted and washed it and was apologetic about Tilli being dirty because she was not coated. And here she is just beautiful look at those colors. I am so excited that I wrote to Sharon and asked her to reserve next year's jacketed fleece. Oh la la. I guess Sharon doesn't know how dirty my silly south down ewes coats are. This is really a nice fleece. I've stopped spinning and have been a complete failure in the Tour de Fleece. It was a great idea. Moving Charlie's cabin here has been where our energy has been focused over the last month. I asked him if we could have built one in the same amount of time as it took to move it from town to here. I do have a photo album on Face Book documenting the big adventure.

The other good news is that I was not at home when the mail man arrived...so I didn't have to worry about going postal on him for his rude behavior. Plus it is not nearly as hot out now so perhaps both our tempers are in a better place :-)

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful looking fleece. CVM is fun stuff, so I know you'll enjoy it.

    If you'll email me at thecrazysheeplady at gmail dot com and give me your address, I'd be happy to send you a cotswold sampler.

    I came by here looking for your email address and saw the post about your friend. I'm very sorry.

    ReplyDelete