swimming Gulf of Mexico

swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lemonade

I am sorry to report that life has handed me some lemons and that I am NOT going to make it to Estes Park for the Wool Market. So for my own good this disappointment needs to be turned around quickly. I've had a minor health issue and just felt like I need to stay home rest up and recuperate. I had a burst of energy this morning and actually felt happy taking care of the bunnies, but tired pretty quickly. When I don't enjoy being with the bunz you know things are bad for me. This was a good sign towards my healing.

It occurs to me that I can whip up an interesting blend of fibers that will appeal to my senses and perhaps console me a little bit. I have my fleeces from my own tiny flock of sheep, not to mention a box full of red satin angora that I have been hoarding. I really like to make exotic blends. Oh and did I mention that I have about 3 lbs of lovely alpaca fleece from Rivendell Alpaca. IF I can talk Charlie into cranking the drum carder and following my directions I know I could sit and spin. My energy comes in fits and spurts so I am pacing myself.

Below is a picture of Chance who generously gave up his fleece for me. The picture was taken by Rena at Rivedell Alpacas. Thanks chance!

6 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about the health issues - take it really easy on yourself and get a lot of R&R. the fiber mix sounds like the perfect consolation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are missing a fun trip :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you recuperate soon. It's no fun to feel down and out when there is so much you really want to do. How is the corgi mom doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better by this weekend. Having your own mini private fiber fest is a good idea. I'm playing with the yarn this weekend myself-Terri

    ReplyDelete