
This is Mr. Clean a Giant/German angora who is approximately 1 1/2 year old now. He came to me from Janet Gruber of Jan's Giants. I was very impressed at what good condition his coat was in from not much grooming. In the winter he got a big mat on his rump. Everyone in the barn actually got matted from the condensation. I cut out the mat and figured I would take his coat off fairly soon. When I looked at him yesterday I thought perhaps I might show him at the show in Wichita next month so I will let it grow for now. I'll bet he will be the nicest Giant there :-) Since giants are so rare in these parts he will more than likely be the only giant angora there. Also his weight is good which has been kind of a challenge. Senior bucks need to weigh 9 1/2 lbs. and sometimes he drops below that but yesterday he was 9 3/4 lbs.
No comments:
Post a Comment