swimming Gulf of Mexico

swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Good friends


Maia and Bailey have become friends lately. Last week I had a terrible fright with Maia as she had stopped eating and nothing was staying down. My vet asked if it was possible she could have swallowed yarn or fiber....and well duh... In my house there is no separation behind closed doors and the fiber. So it is indeed possibly. After x-ray and bloodwork the string in the intestine was ruled out. Her CBC indicated a potential sensitivity. I've been working on her diet. She is keeping food down now and is starting to look more herself. I'm relieved but find the diet a bit mystifying.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Maia is doing better! What was the problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food sensitivity....so I'm treating it like an allergy and adding back one thing at a time in her diet. My cats are spoiled and eat a raw meat diet.

    I was worried sick over her and thought I was losing her. Charlie thought so too. She lost a lot of weight and was light as a feather. This food sensitivity thing is a real puzzle though. Thanks for the good vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I am so glad to hear that Maia is getting her weight back and her old chipper self again! I am getting caught up on your blog...been away from the computer these past days. So many projects here, what with Wayne and Co on the upstairs bathroom and Tracie on the sidewalks. Jeez.
    See you sometime?

    ReplyDelete