swimming Gulf of Mexico

swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family

Saturday, January 31, 2009

When the cat is away?

This was the scene at my house last night while Charlie was out of town. Normally, he would not allow this crowd of 4 leggeds on his futon. It was a crazy night. At about midnight the fire in the wood stove had nearly gone out. I stepped outdoors to find one of my kitties and bring him in for the night. While I was outside the fire took off, completely filling one of the upstairs bedrooms with smoke and setting off the fire alarm. It isn't easy to open windows in this antique house so I had to pry one open and then leave open the screen door and place fans strategically around the house. My adrenalin was pumping. I think I went to sleep around 4 a.m. eventually.

Don't anyone tell Charlie about the critters on his spot!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! What a catastrophe, but at least nothing burned down - hope you got some sleep last night.
    I am about to sit down to a lunch of red chile - this should cure what ails me!
    More later - S

    ReplyDelete