swimming Gulf of Mexico

swimming Gulf of Mexico
Celebrating 4th of July in the Gulf of Mexico with family

Friday, January 16, 2009

No water at the ranch today

Oh goodness, imagine being dressed in my coveralls (yesterday's post) and trying to squeeze into a tiny space of our pump house to work on the pump which provides us with well water. It never happens when the weather is moderate. A couple of years ago it failed when it was the hottest day of the year....Charlie was out of town. At the exact moment he was receiving a lifetime career award for working with the farm crisis I was calling him on his cell phone. The plumber had to crawl into the same space I am writing about. I am not a large person by any means so this plumber really had a job on his hands. He was dubious, but had mercy on me and the critters who needed water. I called Charlie out of his presentation, would hand the phone to the plumber, while he was contorted in position to work on this dag gone jet pump. The plumber would hand the phone back and vice versa. What a scene? After all was said and done it was a simple tightening of a c-ring that had come loose...but it sure wreaked havoc for me on that 115 degree F summer day.

Today with my best effort I couldn't get it to work so Charlie is now coming home to work on it....maybe we will have water by the end of the day. It is a good reminder to have spare water on hand cuz you just never know when you might need it.

1 comment:

  1. Ohmygod...what a way to begin the day fiber friend. I do hope you have water by now. Kinda hard to care for your critters in this way cool weather when the well's run dry. I'll be rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete